Lafuma Furniture Warranty Policy
Your Lafuma product has been designed and manufactured in order to provide maximum satisfaction and safety. It is guaranteed for two years with a valid proof of purchase against any manufacturing or material defects. This guarantee does not cover damages that arise from business use, improper assembly or set up, normal wear and tear, accessories or defects that result from misuse.
It is no longer necessary to register your furniture for the warranty to be valid. Please keep your receipts and purchase paperwork as these will be needed for any warranty claim.
Should a warranty issue arise, please contact the retailer where you purchased the chair so that they can inspect the chair and determine if your claim is under warranty. All warranty issues must be handled between the retailer and the consumer.
Conditions of Use
Lafuma furniture is solely intended for personal and leisure use. Lafuma accepts no responsibility, nor does it provide the benefits of the limited warranty, if a Lafuma chair is used for business or commercial purposes.
To ensure that the chair is used correctly and safely, it must be set up and used as directed in the included instructions.
Lafuma products are designed and manufactured for normal use as a chair, which implies that it should be used for the weight for which it is rated it is designed and excludes, among other things, use by two people at the same time, even for a short period or leaning on it partially.
Individuals should sit down in the chair without "falling" into it, and should change position without making any sudden movements.
If chairs are to be used by children, they should be supervised by adults. Lafuma products are not trampolines.
The Lafuma chair should be maintained regularly. Lafuma elastic lacing cords should be replaced when they show signs of wear, especially in the area at the front of the seat, and at least every 2 years. The metal joints should be lubricated with a dry silicone or an equivalent product.
Lafuma products should be stored where they will be protected from adverse weather conditions and in dry locations when it is not in use.
Under the terms of this limited warranty, Lafuma will replace, repair, or send a replacement part free of charge if the product has been properly maintained and relates to the:
- Welding, frame, hinges, bolts, brackets, fabric, chair feet or foot rests
Rust: Lafuma uses steel in a variety of applications and forms for its outdoor furniture because of its durability. Although furniture frames are cleaned, primed, and coated for protection prior to sale, steel components can rust and are not covered under warranty. Please follow recommended care instructions to reduce the chance of rusting.
Elastic Cords: The lifespan of elastic cords used to suspend the fabrics on many Lafuma chairs varies according to use and weather conditions. Cords should generally be replaced every two years or when they show any sign of wear. Lafuma lacing cords can be purchased from the ‘Spare Parts’ area of our site or from your Lafuma stockist.
Lafuma chairs are designed and manufactured to last for a long time. To get the most out of your Lafuma chair, be sure to follow these care instructions.
- Keep your chair out of inclement weather.
- It is best to limit your chair's exposure to prolonged, direct sunlight, as colour brightness and the life of the elastic cords will be affected.
- When replacing the lacing on your Lafuma recliner, re-lace one side at a time so that you can use the other side as a model.
- Padded canvases might stain if they get wet from rain or perspiration. You can purchase towels to protect your chairs from our site from the ‘Accessories’ area of our site or from your Lafuma stockist.
- When storing your chair at the end of the season, apply a small amount of grease or hinge lubricant on the joints. Cover your chair and store it in a dry area.
- Batyline canvas may be washed with a high pressure cleaner.